Wednesday, November 10, 2010

A SPECIAL DAY...

The 11th month, the 11th day, the 11th hour - Veteran's Day. Above is the entrance to the Great Lakes National Cemetery that we are honored to have in Holly township. It is the final resting place to veterans and their spouses. It is so unbelievable to drive in to the flag lined streets and see row after row of white markers, very sobering. I am proud to say that my father is a WWII vet and my husband is a Viet Nam vet - thank you from the bottom of my heart to both of them and everyone else that has served in our military.
These pictures were taken at a ceremony honoring our POW's.
Don Austin is the speaker above and has been a lifelong friend to my husband. They grew up as neighbors and went into the army at the same time. They went all the way through until they were shipped to Viet Nam and then separated. Don is a very special person that does speaking engagements and gives back so much to our country.
This table was in honor of the missing POW's.
When you hear someone was a prisoner of war, just think of what they went through prisoned in a cage like the one in the above picture. Again, thank you to our veterans and to our troops.
DONE! Sewing for awhile that is. I have piles to take to the shop and to the Christmas Tradition show in Angola.
There are snowmen, angels, santas, shutters, and all kinds of other prims.
You can't see it, but the chair behind the snowmen is LOADED!
Baskets and boxes are ready to be loaded into my car tomorrow morning.
I think I'm going to save this big old guy for the show. Whew! It has been one heck of a week. Thank goodness Bonnie tended the shop today and Debbie came out to help me finish up these projects. I feel good about Ladie's Nite Out and the show now, so maybe I can take a breather for a couple of days. NOT! The front window still has to be done, supplies and food for Ladie's Nite Out has to be bought and made, and everything dug out and packed for the show. Oh well, there's always next week!
Now it's jammie time and a little CMU Awards.
Until next time...

2 comments:

  1. I hope the same for you too, Dawn! It looks like you've been really busy. I love the snowmen!
    Laurie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dawn!

    Thank you for stopping by my blog! Hope you will come back again soon!

    I love love love all those snowmen!!
    You shop looks really great...guess thats because of all your hardward!! And it does show.

    Wonderful post for veterans day! My son is in the Army and recently returned from Iraq. Thank you to your family members for serving....aren't they all HEROs in our eyes!

    Hugs to you!
    Lori

    ReplyDelete