Tuesday, June 28, 2011

SMALL TOWN FUN!

There is just something about small towns that warm my heart. Summer is finally here and a couple times a month we are going to have free movies in our own Battle Alley. Things were getting set up Saturday evening and people were arriving. A blow-up screen and large speakers are used and there was fun for all.

The Historic Holly Hotel also had tables out in the street for Hawaiian night, complete with music and leis. If you've never been to the Hotel, it's time for a wonderful night out. They even have a comedy club in the downstairs.

While I'm at it, I wanted to tell you about the movie that was being filmed in our own little Holly. During the time of Dad's passing, a Hollywood crew (the producer of "The Patriot") was filming a movie called "The Wicked". LOTS of the stuff from my shop was used for props all up and down Battle Alley. I'm not a big spooky movie fan, but I can't wait to see it when it comes out. Not sure if it will be this fall or next.

I got some business taken care of this morning with Mom and I'm going to visit Gannon late this afternoon, but now it's time to get the creative juices flowing and start SEWING! We'll talk again real soon.

Until next time...

3 comments:

  1. Once again, your town amazes me with all of the super fun activities! Hope you have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dawn...can I just move in with you??? I just LOVE your town and all of the fun stuff you guys do. Have a good visit with Gannon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun ! Have a wonderful day . Jen

    ReplyDelete