Wednesday, July 7, 2010

VINTAGE BOAT a/k/a PRIM...

Well, tonight was our "maiden voyage" of hubby's project boat. He found this 1956 Glaspar and plans to restore it. We had a mechanic check the motor all out and decided to give it a try. It was fun to be back in a boat again and, of course, Abbey wanted to go with us. We found a sandbar out in the lake and she got to get out and wade around.
Everything worked great until we stopped at the sandbar, then it wouldn't start again. Some nice people towed us into the boat landing, thank goodness. Guess she needs a little more tweeking and then will go live up north at the little house. It will be fun to see what this all turns out like when it's all finished!
I have a funny story to share with you. I have been in my shop for about two years and the landlord told me there was no air conditioning. Zanie Janie's (the coffee shop next door) is on the same furnace as me. It was SOOOOOOO hot in there today that we were both almost sick. I started messing with the thermostat and guess what? We DO have air!! We were both so relieved that we could have cried. I love to be able to leave my door open if it isn't too hot, but the weather lately has been horrible. Now I can look forward to going to work tomorrow and not suffocating for the day. HOORAY!
It sounds like the weather is about the same all over the country. I hope we all find some relief soon - AND RAIN! We need rain so desperately, everything is so dry.
Here's wishing you all some cool comfort!
Until next time...

4 comments:

  1. It's very hot here in Ohio too!!

    I'll do some checking on some primtive shops for when you come to Ohio in August and I'll email you with some addresses soon. Most likely next week after the garage sale.
    We still want to come to Michigan, but too many things keep coming up and we can't find the time for a weekend getaway.
    Take care and stay cool.
    ~Cindy~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice boat! How funny about the a/c...so you THOUGHT you didn't have a/c...I can just imagine how surprised you were when it clicked on! Enjoy that cool air.
    I hear you about needing rain..our grass is DEAD..brown and crunchy. And I can't even look at my poor flowers...they were blooming so nice a few weeks ago and now....UGH!
    Have a nice day and enjoy your cool air in the Shop.
    ~~Patti~~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the boat! We used to have an old red/white one of some kind. Not sure of the maker. That wasn't my department...just loved being out in the water & sun! lol
    Glad you have air! Better for customers too!
    Hope you are having a great summer!
    Laurie :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dawn sorry to hear that the "maiden voyage" was a one way trip! LOL! It has been extremely hot here too.....hopefully we will all have some relief soon. Have a great weekend!
    Hugs,
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete