Sunday, August 21, 2011

TO MARKET, TO MARKET...

WHEW!!! What an amazing four days Carol and I just put in. Talk about shop until you drop!!! We took off for Ohio on Wednesday morning, made a stop in Washington Courthouse to visit North Shore Primitives and then on to our hotel to get settled in. What a great surprise, we got a suite and it was just perfect for our stay. Each day as we shopped, we brought our loot up and priced and repacked. It was so nice to have a couch and coffee table to spread out on.

Great little kitchenette! We packed lots of goodies and ate just about every meal in. We were so ready for the air conditioning and the couch by the end of the day.

Nice bedroom and comfy beds - but I wish I would have brought my own pillow!!!

Nothing like coming back, putting on your jammies and having a cup of coffee.

Yummy good food, we even found a farm market for fresh tomatoes, corn and watermelon.


Oh yes, and a little wine never hurt anybody! Here's to you Carol for all the help for four full days.

We ended up with two hotel carts to pack everything up after one day of shopping.

Time to start loading - can you see the watermelon we are bringing back?

By yesterday (our fourth day of shopping), this is how full the van was...

...and we still had to fit this inside! Do you think we can do it?

Of course, there was still room for the wine box!

Ta-da!!! It all fit, although poor Carol had some of our groceries under her feet and legs.


You won't believe your eyes when you come into the shop and see what all we brought back! I think we found some of the best prim goodies we've ever had, including candles, textiles, great handmades, handmade tin work, fall yard art and more, more, more...

I HOPE that by Wednesday, we'll have the shop moved around and lots of it put out, but I'm hoping even more that our Fall Open House on August 27th will be amazing. We have a few days of HARD work to do, but it will all be worth it in the end. I promised that we would return to our primitive roots and I think we have done just that. I hope to have some pictures later in the week.

Until next time...

9 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a great time! Can't wait to see all your new stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopefully I can make it Dawn..planning on it.
    You two look like you were so comfy and had a great time. Saw Jane yesterday and said she saw you.
    See you next week...with my sister too.
    Earlene

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a fun time you girls had.
    Can't wait to see your new finds.
    See you this Friday, Dawn.
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Dawn, from the looks of things I would say you had a very successful trip. And I might add a fun one too. Prim shopping with a friend, could it get any better? Can't wait to see what is in all those bags and boxes. I so want to go to North Shore Primitives. Have heard so much about it. If we get to go to Berlin I think its only about 2 hrs. away. Keeping my fingers crossed. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lots of work loading at those markets! People do not know how hard we have to work sometimes! All worth it in the end!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Dawn,
    Looks like you had a fun and successful trip!! I think we are planning to come up to MI on Labor Day weekend since it is our anniversary. I'll let you know for sure...can't wait to visit your shop. Have a great Fall Open House!!
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL, you look like us when we 'business shop'...lol
    Goodness what a haul! And I'm assuming there are some treasures in there for you too!

    We have found that the suites suit us better when we're staying for more than a couple days...I love the openness of the room and the fact you have a place to snack and lunch!

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  8. We hope to see you on Saturday, you just make it sound too good not to.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, what a load! It sure looks like you had fun. Nothing better than a good friend and some good prim shopping. Looking forward to seeing your treasues.
    hugs,
    pam

    ReplyDelete