Thursday, October 13, 2011

HOME AGAIN, HOME AGAIN...

Hi Prim Pals! Well, I'm back from Tennessee and what a GREAT time I had with my friend Connie. We hadn't seen each other in over a year, so we had a blast just having so much time to catch up on everything that had happened to each of us. You'll be in for a treat on my next blog, I'll be taking you on a tour of her beautiful home. I wanted to share with you a couple great shops we visited while out exploring.
If you're ever in the Pigeon Forge area, you won't want to miss Rebecca's Thyme. It is filled with wonderful primitive eye candy! The shop is so welcoming the minute you walk through the door. Mark your calendars for her holiday open house on November 5th, 2011. The address of the shop is 1135 Wears Valley Road, Pigeon Forge, TN 37863, and you can visit online at www.rebeccasthyme.com - so be sure to check it out.

I'd like you to meet my friends Connie and Rebecca. We went out for a delicious breakfast and then on to the shop for some fun and conversation. I loved it all!


The outside decorating was so much fun. Of course Connie made most of the scarecrows and they are just a hoot!

It was a beautiful day and it was so much fun to see Connie's creations (a/k/a The Funky Tennessee Artist) in Rebecca's shop.


What a welcoming "centerpiece" when you walk into the shop! Can't wait to go back and I'm hoping that Connie and Rebecca will make a trip up this way before too long. Thank you Rebecca for your hospitality!

Another great shop we visited was The Speckled Hen at 708 South Charles Seivers Blvd, Clinton, TN. Sharon and her husband also have some wonderful primitives and the shop is beautiful!


I was so glad that we got to see Sharon at the antique show in Clinton, since her hubby was "manning" the shop that day. I had met Sharon in Waynesville, OH awhile back and it was so nice to visit with her again. Sharon's Christmas Open House will be held November 4th from 10-5 and November 5th from 10-4. Hope you're in the area and can make both open houses! It will be well worth you time.

Connie and I sewed until our fingers were bleeding (not really that bad), but my car was so full of handmades that I couldn't have fit one more thing inside. The people on the highway were getting a good laugh at the reindeer in my front seat! Can't wait until I can put all of these new goodies out for our own November 5th and 6th open house.

All in all, it was a wonderful trip. I'll be posting lots of new pictures soon. I want to thank Connie for sharing her warm and inviting home - a place that feels like home to me. I miss her already, but hopefully we won't have to wait so long to see each other again.

Now don't forget! Tomorrow evening from 5-9 p.m. (October 14th) is our third annual Witch's Nite Out at Holly Hills Primitives. Wear your best witch's finery and get discounts on all fall and Halloween items. We will be having treats, best costume prize, door prize and just plain old downhome fun. Hope to see you there!!!

Until next time...

3 comments:

  1. Seeing Rebecca's Thyme makes me want to go to Piegon Forge right away. You are so right you feel welcome as you enter the door and it smells yummy in there also. Holly and I are planning a trip up before Christmas. Can't wait to visit the Speckled Hen as well. Looking forward to seeing all your goodies. So proud you got away and had a good trip
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Morning Dawn,
    I am a follower of your blog but no blog of my own at this time. Just wanted to say that I have been to Rebecca's Thyme many, many times as we vacation in Pigeon Forge just about every year......some times twice.....and I always stop in to see her and her wonderful shop. I probably have some of Connie's creations!
    I will have to try and get to the Speckled Hen, too. We leave next weekend for Tennessee.
    A very good friend of mine is from your area in Michigan and we hope to some day make a trip to Holly..............I just love seeing all the photos you post on your blog.
    Wishing you a fabulous fall!
    Cheryl

    cdfred@myfrontiermail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoyed this post and happy to see the comments about the Hen! Rebeccas and the Hen are the best Prim shops in East Tn.!

    ReplyDelete