Tuesday, March 6, 2012

SPRING HAS SPRUNG...


Hi Friends! What a crazy couple of weeks we have had! Yesterday and today was shop redo days and I'm so glad it's done! Thank goodness for my friend Bonnie for coming to help! Not many gals our age would be up for moving a whole store of furniture. Dick and I got a whole load of antique prims last week and they are starting to sneak into the shop. I'm so darned excited!
Thought you might like a quickie tour of the highlights. It always feels so great to have a change.
The front of the shop is looking like spring. Maybe it helped the weatherman too, it was 54 when I left work and we're looking at 60 tomorrow!!! HOORAY! We got the little prim green table and chair with the original green paint. What a unique little desk this would make!

We moved the green fireplace to the front and the mantle is all jazzed up with flowers and bunnies.

We just got the old white toolbox and Bonnie did such a great job filling it up.

The island makes quite a statement. I love it with the screened "pie safe" on top along with the old wheelboro.

It's getting that time of year to be thinking about a potting bench. This one is so special made from an old door and windows.

The island is one of the newer pieces we just brought in. You could either leave it like it is for crocks and bowls or cover the bottom with material or old feed sacks.

The next section of the shop is all done in burgandys and cobblestone. Can you see the darling wax baskets with sweet annie on the table? Our own Pam from Primitive Basketcase did those for the shop. The smell so wonderful and are adorable.

The other side of our "burgandy" section.

Next we have lots of mustard pieces and the old crow table. Mustard is still my favorite color to decorate with - especially really prim!

This old cupboard is screaming to come home with me! Another old piece we just got in. I love, love, love it!

Need a little bench for your mudroom or foyer. This one is on sale for $39.95!

Only one more area to show you today. I could live back here by the old log cabin wall. Unfortunately, the pictures came out pretty dark - I'll try to use a flash tomorrow. I have a thing for old long johns and these white ones are cute as can be.

This three door cupboard would also be a great island, and of course the settle chair is wonderful too.

The black fireplace also found it's way to the cabin and it fit right in. It has pegs across the front and is perfect to hang your favorite prim goodies on.

Just got this black table in too. The chairs have grubby seats with "mama sit upon" and "papa sit upon" stitched on them. Would this be cute in a breakfast room or what?

The last old cupboard we got came out way too dark, but it is beautiful! It is an old beadboard front with the cutest top. Dick did his magic on it with black over cranberry and it turned out great. I'll also try to get a better picture of this tomorrow.
So there you have it. There's lots more to see, but I didn't want to bore you with the whole thing. Great pieces of furniture will be arriving all throughout the month of March - and they are all very primitive.
I'm so excited about tomorrow. It's our first rug hooking class and I can't wait! I've wanted to do this for so long. I signed up for the class, we are going to meet in Zanie Janie's coffee shop. Guess I'll just have to run back and forth between customers, but it will be so worth it.
Come on in and check out the "redo". Also, don't forget that our spring open house will be March 24 and 25. Can't wait to see you!
Until next time...

4 comments:

  1. The shop looks ready for spring! I like the island!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like Spring has come to your shop. Everything looks great!! So hoping that we can come up your way at the end of the month. We need to check to see if someone can watch our puppies or we will have to have them travel with us.
    hugs,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. :Looks wonderful Dawn.
    Mustard is also one of my favorite colors :)
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  4. The shop looks great, all ready for spring~ great displays & pieces~
    smiles
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete