Sunday, January 10, 2010

HI-HO, HI-HO, IT'S UP NORTH WE GO...

Yippee! We finally got to run up to our cottage for an overnight last night and it was GREAT! The weather was really cold, about 8 degrees, but it was cozy inside. Our friends Debbie and Kenny came over and we cooked a big old steak dinner and talked and laughed for hours. Good friends are just the best! My poor old bike looked so lonely in the snow! It's just hanging out waiting for spring and flowers to be planted in the basket.
I ended up leaving the Christmas decorations up until next time. We only got to enjoy them twice!

You'll be in for a treat by tomorrow night. Our artist, Sally, is opening her home for photos tomorrow and what a home it is! Be sure to come back to visit and bring your drool cloths!
Debbie and I are trying to figure out a way to go to the shows in Ohio at the end of the week. I really want to go, but I don't want to get into a bad weather situation. Help me bribe the weatherman to give us good weather through next Saturday!
Well, it's also good to be home and I'm ready to snuggle in for the evening and watch a little t.v. Remember, come back tomorrow to see a wonderful old house!
Until next time...

6 comments:

  1. Hi Dawn,
    Its fun to meet another Michigander!
    Holly is my favorite place to shop.... such a quaint lil historic town!
    Hubbys aunt used to live there!

    We live about 2 hours north of you!
    {where up north is your cottage?}

    Warm Hugz, Dolly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok..HAve bib and drool cloth ready..Anxiously waiting on the edge of my seat :) My hubby told me we are suppose to be up in the 30's here in Ohio this week. So my toes are crossed it will be nothing but great weather for you..Oh like how I said up in the 30's like its a heat wave..lol..Have fun.Cant wait to see pics

    ♥ Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dawn,
    Glad you got to do night away....I so need one of those!!!!I spent the weekend re-organizing my studio office and my sewing room........they looked like a tornado had come thru.......after all my holiday crafting and painting....I'm now in Valentine mode and preparing for spring projects and painting...can't wait to see the photo's...My drool cloth is ready!!! LOL! It's been real cold here too....
    Hugs,
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dawn,
    Are you coming to the markets that are in Columbus? I'm about an hour away from there and I checked out the weather...calling for a little snow on Monday, but the rest of week is looking good without any snow or bad weather at all as of right now.
    ~Cindy~

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your frozen bicycle photo! :)
    I hope you all had fun.
    Oh no---we need snow--- the Winterfest in Mackinaw City is this weekend---so we really need snow and cold. I know what--- just this once, if you get any snow this week, call out the troops, set out any huge fans available, and send it up here please!!! :D
    Drool cloth in place.

    ReplyDelete