Tuesday, September 22, 2009

TRIBUTE...

On this day in 1947 a great thing happened, my husband was born in upper Michigan. He was the third child of five and has always been crazy about all of his brothers and sisters. I was lucky enough to meet him in 1986 and married him in 1991. Along with Dick came 3 step-children, Tricia, Amanda and Rich. From these step children came wonderful grandchildren, Gannon, Jack, Ellie, Caroline and Sydney. I could NEVER have had someone be more of a dad to my own children, Chad and Ashley, or closer to Abbey and Lucy. Of course we have had some ups and downs (it's not easy to be a step-mom), but we have weathered through it all and I am one of the luckiest people I know. This summer has really told the story of Dick's love for his family. With my dad in the nursing home, it was Dick that offered to give up our home and move to Mom's to help take care of her and her home. Not many men would do that! Thank you. He has made many dreams come true. We have had our turn to live in this old historic home, we have our "little house" in northern Michigan, and he has been my biggest supporter of Holly Hills Primitives. I hope that today all his wishes come true. Happy birthday!
I still don't have my new memory card, that is my goal either today or tomorrow. I've got so many things I want to show you pictures of!
Hope all of you have a wonderful day!
Until next time...

7 comments:

  1. It's my hubbie's birthday too! (See my blog and you'll see. :D) Happy birthday to your husband. Sounds like he's a keeper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to your dear husband!!! Many more to come. Dianntha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dawn..your husband sounds like an amazing man....wishing him a wonderful and joyful birthday!

    Hugs, Doreen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday to your husband. Good ones, husbands that is, can be hard to come by. I am in that lucky group of having one of the best also.
    Hope you had a wonderful day of celebration!
    Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dawn,
    Happy Birthday to your husband. I hope he had a great birthday and that all his wishes came true!

    ~Cindy~

    ReplyDelete
  6. He is definitely a keeper, Dawn. I hope he takes good care of you while you are recooperating from your dental work! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I'm not sure about the Holly home tour though, it means I would have to CLEAN my house!! Talk to you soon..... feel better. Carol

    ReplyDelete