Friday, December 30, 2011

BACK TO NORMAL...


Come on in! Dick and I spent all day yesterday taking down Christmas and rearranging the shop. Want to see what we've done so far? We're trying to get things ready to bring back lots of goodies from the markets and make room for the new handmades and furniture. The fireplace is still up front waiting to warm you up when you come in the door.

I showed you a picture of our primitive "sink" yesterday, but I forgot to take pictures of the inside. What a great conversation piece this one is!

We moved the dough box up front too, it holds the old handmade towel holder.

We have lots of lighting left for your "redecorating" needs. Rice lights, dipped lights and more!

Lots of 1803 and Black Crow candles are ready to make your homes smell YUMMY!

We moved a section to showcase the mustard pieces together. The dry sink is finally in it's temporary home and is the icing on the cake! The big chimney cupboard with the old screen door has great storage and looks so prim.

The dry sink deserves a second look!

This old table desk with the original pumpkin paint is SOO great. I could just see it on the right countertop to keep bills, misc papers, etc in.

Got grandchildren? The old hired hand's bed would be just right for overnights.

We could set down at the trestle table and get a cup of coffee from Zanie Janie's.

This big laundry tub would make a great place to plant flowers this spring or fill with pumpkins in the fall.

Just got a tool box filled with little drawers. Do any of you "jewelry" gals need a place to store everything?

Who doesn't love old children's furniture? I could just see this in a country kitchen!

Another new piece is the old buggy seat. Just think what you could do on a big trestle table with this one!

Anybody into blue? I LOVE the OLD blue baby bathtub and stand, the little cupboard is an old trunk turned on end with wooden spool legs.

Any doll collectors out there? What am I thinking??? Of course there are. The mid 1800's youth bed would be a real eye catcher for a display.

And last, but not least, is the beautiful OLD tavern table with original green paint.
Are you still with me? It sure feels great to get things back to normal. New prims will be arriving daily by next week and then its time to be off to the markets the next week. I'm SOOOO excited to get the new items in and displayed for your shopping pleasure. In fact, we are going to pick up a load this weekend!
But for now, it's time to pack my bag and get ready to head up north to the Little House for the weekend. I can hear that nice, soft couch calling my name! Looking forward to rest, some movies and a little stitching. The shop will be closed tomorrow through Tuesday and we will be back first thing Wednesday morning just waiting for you.
HAPPY NEW YEAR TO THE BEST BLOG BUDDIES A GAL COULD HAVE!
Until next time...

14 comments:

  1. What eye candy, I would love one of everything please. Oh how I would love to give the blue baby bathtub a home, and the tobacco basket and the mustard dry sink and the hired hands bed, yes one of everything!!!!Happy New Year, Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dawn,
    The shop looks great...so many wonderful primitives. My sister would go crazy over the primitive sink and it would look really good in her house that was built in 1861.
    Have a great weekend at your little house up north and Happy New Year.
    hugs,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dawn...I have got to make it back up to your shop...you're killing me with all those prims! I look at that blue tub everytime I come up there...it is beautiful! I would still love that fireplace..wish it were the right color :-(
    I am hoping to come sometime this january..can't wait to browse in your lovely shop again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shop looks wonderful as usual Dawn..........love the dry sink
    Hugs,
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh My Dawn .... You have loads of New Prim Treasures ... I'm drooling.
    EnJoy your down time, your earned it. Wishing You & Yours a Healthy
    Happy New Year.
    Big Warm Hugs ~~ Connie xox

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW, everything looks wonderful! Wish I lived closer, I know my ole bank account would be a lot lower when I came back to Kansas! Can't wait to see what you'll be doing in 2012! Hugs, Sher

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dawn the shop looks great..I need to come in for some more 1803 Cornbread and Honey candles.
    Enjoy your getaway to the cabin and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Dawn, the shop looks great!! See lots of goodies I could use...love the slant desk!! Dear FRIEND...Have a BLESSED and HAPPY NEW YEAR!
    we really do need to catch up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Everything looks great! Love it all. Have a great new year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i'm loving most of them!:D

    cheers to the new year!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. HAPPY NEW YEAR DAWN...
    What a fun year you had...and you took all of us right along with you - THANK YOU.
    I keep wanting to come that way to visit and shop but it just doesn't happen - who knows what 2012 will bring...your photos are always so tempting.
    Blessings dear lady
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my... the table desk, the hired hands bed... I wish I had room!! The shop is looking great!!

    So nice to see your comment on my blog. I know you are so so busy so I appreciate it my long distance friend!!

    Going back to the UP is on my bucket list and you are on the way so never say never!!

    I hope your New Years weekend was wonderful and 2012 full of blessings, health and happiness! HUGS!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy New Year Dawn...just stopping by to say hello and got treated to pics of your cool store! Thanks!!! XO

    ReplyDelete
  14. The shop looks awesome...I'm thinkin' I need to plan a little road trip...I could get lost in there for awhile!
    Happy New Year to you!

    ReplyDelete