Tuesday, August 31, 2010

DATE NITE...

Does your life tend to get away from you sometimes? I know ours does. Between parents and grandchildren... Last night Dick and I decided to have a little time for us and we had a great time. We did go pick up some things for the shop and then we went to the new restaurant in Auburn Hills, MI to Toby Keith's I Love This Bar & Grill. There weren't many people in there on a Monday night, but we will definitely go back. It's huge! They even have bull riding - which I won't be doing any time soon! I would love to take daughter Ashley there for her to do kareoke. She has the most amazing voice - and loves country music. The food was great and it was just fun to spend some time together.
Today is sewing day again - these Tuesdays sure come around fast! I want to get a lot done for the shop, orders and now I've decided to do a show with my friend Debbie in Quincy, MI on September 25th at the Old Grainery. They are having a "gathering on the lawn". Should be so much fun - but lots of work too.
The temps here have been terrible for a few days - again. Up into the 90's! Even so, you can still feel a little fall in the air. I will be sad for winter to get here, but I'm sure ready for fall. There is nothing like the colors, the decorating, the swetshirts, carving pumpkins and the list goes on and on. The only thing I'll miss is the sunlight in the evenings. Our time change will come quickly and then it will be dark so darn early. It's already starting to get dark just after 8, but what can we do?
Well girls, hope you have a great day and come back to visit again soon.
Until next time...

5 comments:

  1. Good morning, Dawn ~ so glad you and Dick had a date night. Sounds like alot of fun. Your show will be fun too at the Grainery, best of luck to you. I love your creations. It has warmed up again, hasn't it? The dog days of summer, I'm canning today, hopefully sewing when I'm finished.
    hugs,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dawn, sounds like date night was a success. Lee and I have them on Friday nights and it truly nice to spend "us" time together. Hope that you get the chance to do that again soon. Have a great eveniing..(millstonemercantile)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Dawn ~~ Glad to hear you & your hubby got a night out ... its important & fun to do once in a while. Happy Belated Birthday to Abbey love her Cake, so Sweet ... what a Great job your daughter did.
    Hugs ~ Connie xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well Date Night is just wonderful! And what a fun place you went to...when I saw the title of your post today 'DATE NIGHT' I thought you were going to talk about the new movie DATE NIGHT...oh my gosh you have to see it...it's hilarious!!!!

    Good luck with your show Dawn.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. HEy Dawn!
    Saw that you left me a comment and yes that is my dream kitchen as well. I do sell my safety pins they are 2.50 for 50 plus shipping. I opened my etsy back up. If you need more then that you can always just send me a message and I can do a custom order for you :)

    Have a great day and what a great way to spend a date night

    ReplyDelete