Saturday, September 11, 2010

THE CORNSTALKS WENT UP...

Good evening my friends! Another fun day at the shop (despite the rain this afternoon). Daughter-in-law Val brought our little Sydney for a visit and we had such a great time! We ate special "leaf" sugar cookies with cider and had the best visit. She was fascinated when the train went through town and we walked up and down the sidewalk talking and talking. Just look at those dimples!
Last night we took son Rich and Val out to dinner for Rich's 30th birthday! We had a great time, but we can't believe our youngest is 30 already! Happy Birthday Richie (you'll always be Richie to me).
A fun new stitchery went on the wall today too. I can't wait to do some other versions of this!
Then daughter Ashley brought in Janie's husband's birthday cake! (Can you tell he loves corn on the cob?) We were blown away by this creation! Her cakes are so unique and I am so very proud of her! If any of you are from the area and want just the right creative cake, just go to Surre Cakes on facebook or contact the shop.
Zanie Janie couldn't wait to take these home to husband Steve. By the way, Happy Birthday Steve!
As many of you know, my sweet dad has been in a nursing home for over a year and today he is so very sick. He came down with pneumonia (again) and I am so worried about him. Please include him in your prayers tonight. We sat with him this evening and I will be back there again tomorrow morning. He is one of the sweetest, most gentle men I have ever known. I wish you all could know him.
Let us not forget what happened 9 years ago today. We are so very lucky to live in this country and we all need to join hands and keep our freedom alive.
Have a restful and peaceful Sunday.
Until next time...

5 comments:

  1. Keeping your dad, your mom, you and your family in my prayers. I hope that your dad feels better soon.
    hugs,
    ~Cindy~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Dawn.
    My thoughts are with you for you father. I hope he has a fast recovery.
    I will have to try to get to your shop soon. I have had a busy last few weeks.
    Only one more horse show to judge for this season, then things will settle down.
    Your shop looks FABULOUS!
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dawn,
    what a fabulous cake! Happy birthday to your son! I'll be praying for your dad for a speedy recovery from the pneumonia. Enjoy your beautiful Mi. Sunday.
    hugs,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dawn ~~ Keeping your Dad & the whole Family in my prayers. I'll say it again Ashley's cakes are UnReal .... WOW love the corn cupcakes ... so real looking. Happy Birthday to your "Baby" lol I remember how my Mom would always introduce me "This is my Baby" I was the youngest of four, was not thrilled back then would give anything to hear her say it now. :-(
    Your Sydney is Adorable ... Bless her so Sweet.
    Hugs ~ Connie xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Dawn, I am keeping you and your father in my thoughs and prayers. Your daughter makes awesome creations...they look so real. If I was closer you can bet I would use her. Have a blessed day my friend. (millstonemercantile)

    ReplyDelete