Wednesday, September 15, 2010

PLAYING HOOKY...

Whew! What a flying trip I had today. I decided at 8 last night to try to go to the Heritage Market show in Ft. Wayne today. What a disappointment! There were hardly any vendors there and it seemed that there was quite a bit of "made in China" stuff. I did find a few treasures for the shop, but I don't think I would make that trip for that show again. I picked up Sharon at 6:30 a.m. and it was only 41 degrees outside - brrr! We did have fun gabbing and laughing though.
On the way back we looked up a darling prim shop called - yup - Black Bird Primitives. It wasn't open when we got there, but there was a phone number on the door to call the shopowner (who came right over to let us in).
I think this originally an old tavern near Marshall, Michigan.
Sharon couldn't wait to get inside and look around! (No cheating!)
Wish I would have asked to take inside pictures, darn. There were some really fun prims in there and it always gets a shopkeeper going when you go to another great shop.
On the way home, the ideas were flowing like crazy. Sharon paints the greatest goodies for the shop and her things just fly out the door!
Yesterday I sewed like a maniac and got some new handmades ready to take tomorrow - pictures will follow.
Anyway, it turned out to be a fun day!
Abbey was over Sunday and caught this tiny baby turtle. After looking at it for awhile, she decided it needed to get back to it's family.
Hope you had a great day too and I'm ready to head back to the shop tomorrow to have some fun!
Until next time...

2 comments:

  1. Sorry the show was a Bust .... but sounds like you had a Fun day .... love finding new shops.
    The baby turtle is adorable ... we had a Mama turtle who came back every year for "years" till one time she didnt. We took pictures too .... lol Hugs ~~ Connie xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. i wish i would of known you were going there...you could of stopped by here on your way home...i am not very far from blackbird primitives...my girlfriend sue just bought the fireplace brandy has in her shop...its on lay away....i cant wait to see it in sues home...it will look great i know...i dug out all my tubs of halloween decore today and i am feeling overwelmed...its time to declutter all my fall goodies...

    ReplyDelete