Wednesday, July 1, 2009

WHERE DID SUMMER GO?

Rain, rain go away! No car cruise in downtown Holly tonight, the rain just keeps coming and so do the chilly temperatures. We've been in the low 60's all day - some start to July! Sure hope it warms up soon, especially for the 4th. Got this sweet little porch rocker in today. Chippy green paint and rush seat and back.
I could just see it with a big old red geranium on top or next to it! $39.95
Tonight is Abbey night. She was going to spend the car cruise with me at the shop, but instead we get to cook dinner together and just spend some quality time. Can't think of anything more fun on a cold, wet night.
BIG NEWS! I talked to a rep today and I hope to be getting country upholstered furniture in the shop soon! He will be out to talk to me in the next week or so and then we'll see from there. I think it would be such a nice addition and it's getting harder and harder to find just the right piece to go with our prim antiques! Keep you fingers crossed that this all works out!
Do you all have plans for the 4th? I think we are going to have a picnic with my dad and then, later in the evening, head on down to the fireworks. Holly has their display over the beach, which is only a couple blocks from us. This has been a tradition for years for our family.
Speaking of the 4th, come on in to the shop this week for 30% off all Americana! We also have a sale on stitcheries and gardening goodies. It's a great time to save some money!
Time to get groceries put away, start dinner and spend some time with Abbey. Hope you all have a wonderful evening.
Until next time...

9 comments:

  1. Cool and rainy here too. Makes me long gfor fall!

    Enjoy your time with Abbey and have a wonderful 4th!

    hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. We haven't had the rain...but the dark threatening clouds are enough to keep me in!
    Have a great time with Abbey and cook up something yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As you know it's rainy here too and only in the 60's makes me wonder what it's store for us later on in the month:)

    That rocker is cute and yes, the geraniums would look just right.

    Hope everything works out with the furniture too:)
    Rondell

    ReplyDelete
  4. It has been real cool today and misting every now and again. I am definitely happy with the cooler temps, but I know for a fact that I love sunshine!!

    As goes for that chair.... I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bet the rocker WOULD be beautiful with a pretty red Gerainum sitting next to it. I would love to visit your shop someday. I have no big plans for the 4th, just a bbq at the neighbors and a small fireworks display. The usual.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Dawn,
    Love that rocking chair!!

    It was about 69 degrees here today...kind of felt like fall weather to me. DH and I are going to start checking into seeing what hotel prices might be for us to make that trip to MI in Aug. or early Sept. And of course, your shop in on my must visit list.

    We are going to hang out with Kim and Josie on the 4th as our SIL is on duty at the firehouse. Can't let Josie miss out on seeing fireworks.

    hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Dawn - This weather has been the absolute pits! I'm hoping the holiday weather is better. Love all the new stuff you've gotten in. Do you still have the tea cart? I've been up to my eyeballs in stuff and just haven't been able to make it up there. Maybe tomorrow or next Tuesday.

    Have a great 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dawn,
    I sure hope the weather takes a turn for the better so that we all can spend our holiday weekend enjoying the great outdoors.

    At any rate, I hope your 4th is a happy one!

    Audrey

    ReplyDelete
  9. hey there dawn....the summer is going to fast for me too...i leave in a couple days for silver lakes with the grands....let me know before you over for a visit and make sure i am here....lets plan a day inbetween my trips...somewhere between the 8 th and the 18th of july...will that work...i love that rocking chair...good luck with the furniture...i hated selling it...people could not afford it and i still have one chair left at the shop that i cant sell for even 40% off....think about the investment before you plunge in...jmho....lin

    ReplyDelete