Sunday, February 28, 2010

PEACEFUL SUNDAY AFTERNOON...

I'm doing the happy dance this morning! Dick finally got my shelf hung and I just LOVE it! I just love how my pinkeeps look on it. It will still need a little tweeking, but at least it's UP!
Yup, they now have a home.
After the shelf was hung, I decided to drag out a few spring bunnies. After all, tomorrow is March first. Could that mean that some of this snow might stop soon!
I decided to keep it simple this year with just a few of my favorites and I really love the look.
The handmade eggs are in the center of my table.
Wax eggs, a bunny and a carrot are in my old scales in the kitchen.
Last year my friend Debbie and I made these cinnamon eggs and paprika carrots.
This is the year to retire a few old favorites too. Years ago, my daughter Ashley and I took a painting class from Kim's mom (Sharon). We made these paper mache bunnies and I did the big one and Ashley did the little one, she was only about Abbey's age. I think they need to move over to her house this year to enjoy.
Another retired pair are these paper mache bunnies with clothes. Great memories though. My friend Connie and I made these YEARS ago and they are starting to show signs of wear and tear. Sometimes we have to weed out collections and it's very hard. I'm just so thankful for the memories that I'll always cherish - thanks Connie!
We're having a day at home today. Dick went to pick up Abbey and then Gannon called and he wanted to come too. We're going to play games with them for awhile before they go home and then Dick is going to do some ice fishing. Hope he catches a big old mess of fish. There's nothing like pan-fried pan fish! Maybe I'll get a chance to paint my other shelf while he is fishing! (Then there's always more sewing, stitching and other painting!)
Well gals, hope you are all having a restful Sunday afternoon.
Until next time...

3 comments:

  1. Your shelf looks great Dawn and your displays too.I think every blog I visit is wishing hard for Spring to come and soon.
    Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your afternoon! Your shelf looks great! It's always fun to have something new to decorate! March 1st ! Yeah... spring will be coming soon! At least we'll get a few "teasing" days of spring until it's here to stay.
    Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I hope March means the end of snow but our weather man just said NOT YET - UGH!! I am going to bring some spring out soon myself. I loved seeing your touches and your pinkeeps - eye candy!

    ReplyDelete