Tuesday, March 3, 2009

BACK TO THE SHOP

Wow! What a sewing day! I guess I was at it for about 12 hours, but it was worth it. I have 3 BIG dolls for the shop (2 bunnies and 1 black doll) and a black shelf sitter. I'll take pictures today and try to get them posted tonight. I love putting real shoes on these dolls, it just brings them to life. You'll see!
I'm also going to post more information on the paper mache houses. So many of you seem interested. They are so unique and special, I wouldn't part with mine for anything.
I want to thank Lori from The Olde Primitive House for helping me get music going on my blog. Don't know what I would have done without her! This whole thing is so new to me and the terminology drives me crazy. Thanks Lori! The song "At Last" is the first song on my playlist and it so expresses my feelings. This is a time in my life that "at last" I'm doing what I truly love, I have the greatest "best friend" husband, my family is all doing well with wonderful grandchildren, I love our home, the shop is like a dream to me and I'm too old to worry about the things that don't really matter. Everyone should get up and "count their blessings" every day!
Only 16 more days until Waynesville and my trip to meet Connie! Can't wait, can't wait, can't wait!!! It will be fun to buy for the store, but it will also be fun to just catch up and explore lots of new territory. Haven't been to Waynesville for about 3 or 4 years, so I'm sure there are lots of changes.
Time to open the shop, I'll try to post pictures of the new dolls tonight.
Have a wonderful day!

2 comments:

  1. Good morning, Dawn.
    I can't wait to see pics of your new creations. Isn't it so wonderful to be able to do what you love? That's how I feel. I count my many blessings every day. Have a wonderful day.
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to seeing your pictures.

    ReplyDelete