Monday, March 30, 2009

COLD MONDAY IN MICHIGAN

Good morning prim gals. Well, more snow showed up here in Michigan yesterday! We had rain for most of the morning and then, here it came again, more snow! I could hardly believe my eyes, but this HAS to be close to the end of it.
Business was really slow yesterday, but Terry brought more goodies! We now have pantry cakes, 2 more extreme prim black doll heads on a spring, quilted table runners and more. Just love her work and it is such a great addition to the shop. I'll be posting more pictures this week. (Please send kind thoughts to Terry and her daughter today, they meet with Shay's new doctor.)
After I closed the shop, our family gathered for dinner at a new restaurant for Chad and Kim's birthday (finally). Kim's folks, my parents, and my daughter Ashley's family all came to celebrate. We had lots of fun and great conversation. Kim's mom, Sharon, helps me out at the shop and I've really missed her. She recently had both knees replaced and is now on the mend. Can't wait until she can come back and she is hopefully going to teach some classes soon.
We're trying to get our new spring lineup of classes posted soon. We are now offering private group classes too. This should be a fun spring at Holly Hills. Our Kim is going to do some herb and gardening classes along with our usuals. Her gardens are amazing!
Dick and I are going to take a drive up north this afternoon and our friends Debbie and Kenny have a load of goodies they are sending home with us. It's always a surprise to see what great finds she has for the shop. I'm so darned excited to see the cupboards Kenny has been building for us, he is using old vintage doors and windows and his work is wonderful!
Well girls, better get some work done before hubby gets home to pick me up. Have a great Monday and we'll talk again tomorrow...

6 comments:

  1. Hi Dawn,
    Looking forward to hearing about your new goodies from Debbie's.Make you sure you post lots of piccies won't you!!!! Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see his work on the cupboards!

    To bad about the snow but like you said it has to be near the end:)
    Rondell

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have fun up north Dawn!....I guess I know where to move to get more snow! Janet :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You always have such really good prim pictures. Looking forward to all of the finished works. i hope that the snow ends for you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dawn, this post has me wondering just what great goodies you will be showing us when you get back home....also want to see the goodies Terry brought!
    I love pictures, don't you girls!!!!

    Hugs, karen

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your blog & all the goodies you have to show !! Thank you for stopping by my blog !!
    Prim Hugs & blessings,
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete