Friday, March 27, 2009

OUR NEW TERRY HAS BEEN BUSY!

WHAT A FUN FRIDAY AT HOLLY HILLS PRIMITIVES! My new blogging buddy came to visit with her two daughters and two grandchildren. We had so much fun, just wish I could have left and we would have had more time to visit. Linda owns Gathered Treasures in Grand Ledge, Michigan and it is such a nice, high quality shop! I'm sure you've all seen the pictures of her beautiful home in CS Home Tours, as we all drool with envy! I have loved reading her blog for a long time (Primp Your Pad) and it was just the best to be able to meet in person. I was at her shop quite awhile ago, but that was long before my blogging fever hit! Aren't her grandchildren adorable? This is Nathan and Madie. They were so good in the shop, but I think they were ready to hit McDonald's by the time they left.
Linda and her two daughters. What a fun time to take your daughters shopping and have them interested in the same things as you! Thanks for coming Linda, it was great. I hope to come to Grand Ledge soon!
Our new Terry was at it again. She came back today with more great goodies - and is going to work on more this weekend! Her primitive handmades are wonderful. Some of you e-mailed me about buying her things. Just so you know, I will ship anything you see on the blog that isn't heavy furniture. You can either e-mail or call me at the shop! Some of you asked about the pinkeeps in my last blog. The mouse pinkeep that has the little pillow and spool is $18.95, the mice in the shoe, the mouse in the teacup and the one on the plate are all $14.95. This watermelon with the two little mice is the best! I'm going to start putting prices on so you can decide if you'd like to order. This watermelon/mouse piece is $29.95.
These crow pinkeeps are done on old pieces of architectural wood and made from old quilt batting. They come with rusty old pins! $24.95
Cute little black angel with wooden wings and a feedsack dress. She is holding her heart just to give to you. $29.95
Love these handmade pears and apples. $8.95 each
One of my favorites is the old plum pudding/bundt cake - it even has a cherry on top and to the side! I could just see this setting on your noodle board over the stove! $24.95
I hope all of you will say a prayer for Terry's little girl, Shay, as she is possibly having extensive surgery next week. We all wish her well.
We were busy again today - hooray! I think spring fever is finally hitting a lot of the shopping gals. Our friend Debbie is bringing more antiques this weekend and I've been sewing like a crazy person. I want to keep the shop as full as we can and give everyone lots to choose from.
I was trying to have "something for everyone", but I'm going back to what's true to my heart - primitives. I really learned a lot on my Ohio trip and Melissa from Jailhouse Primitives was a real inspiration. Once Easter is over, anything that is pastel is going bye-bye! (Thank goodness there isn't much left!)
I hope you all have a great weekend and all you shopowners are busy as a bee!
Until tomorrow...

6 comments:

  1. Lol.......I got it and getting busy too!!

    Many Blessing My Friend...
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. How neat that you got to meet Linda !It's so much fun meeting blog buddies! How much is the fly screen I see in the last picture? Have a wonderful weekend!
    Janae:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you had a fabulous Friday Dawn!....here's to an equally wonderful weekend! Janet :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bet that was so much fun meeting Linda and her family!

    Love YOUR store too...everything looks just wonderful and yes, I think it's best to make what is true to your heart:)
    Have a great weekend at your shop, may you do tons of sales!!!
    Rondell

    ReplyDelete
  5. dawn....i had such a good time at your shop...you were so wonderful to my little ones...we all love our goodies we got...i am sorry to say i didnt make it to the show today...did you...i ended up staying home and working at the shop....oh well i guess i spent to much yesterday anyways...let me know when you are coming this way...maybe you can come over for lunch on that day...you are a sweetie....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a wonderful day! It's always so much fun meeting blog friends!

    Have a great day :)
    Doreen

    ReplyDelete