Monday, March 9, 2009

THE LITTLE HOUSE...

Had a great time up north and wanted to share a picture of the carrots that Debbie and I attempted. It was the same principle as the cinnamon eggs, but we used paprika, ground cloves and moss for the "stems". I love how they turned out (better in person). They were lots of fun to make and look great mixed in with the eggs.
Dick and I went for a beautiful drive today and ended up at Lumberman's Monument on the Au Sable River. What a view!

Here goes with the first "home tour". Of course I had to do our cottage. This was the new snowfall we got last night! This is such a special place to both of us, just a great little, cozy get-away. When our grandson, Gannon, was only about 3 years old, he named it The Little House and it has always stuck. Hope you enjoy my first attempt. The is the real live version of the paper mache cottage in my header.
This little sign says it all!
This is our little garden shed, but I have high hopes of turning it into a guest house one of these days. It was originally a little cabin in the 40's.
These were a couple of my eggs and one carrot that we did this week. I had to have them up north too!
Kitchen windowsill. I always turn these little lights on as soon as we get there.
Our collection of Calumet cans, cookie cutters and recipe books. We saw the original Calumet Farm in Kentucky once and have always been intrigued.
One side of the kitchen. I love my old blue tool box on the counter.
Other side of the kitchen. The little tin "pie safe" holds all of our spices.
Old baker's table and roll-top shelf. Great storage.
Corner of the kitchen/dining area. My son, Chad, built the little cutting board with the drawer in it when he was in school.
This is the "dining area" of our kitchen. When my friend Connie moved to Tennessee, she gave us the table and chairs. I will cherish them forever!

Front side of the LITTLE living room. Just big enough to read Country Sampler's Home Tour (which I thoroughly enjoyed - finally)!
Living room window with a few little spring items.
Log side of living room wall. I wouldn't trade these old windows for anything!
I had these old vintage, electric logs for quite awhile and my dad built the little mantle for us several years ago. It is so precious to me, because he built it.
This is the open stairway going up to the 2 bedrooms. I keep the lights up all year and add seasonal embellishments. I love how it makes me feel when we get there and turn them on.
Antique, wool bathing suit and old oar on the stairway landing.
All the gals in their swimming suits. I got this picture in Bellbuckle, TN a few years ago when Connie and I went on the 127 Garage Sale. So much fun!
One side of our little bathroom. My favorite is the old towel rack.
Top of the landing with a bedroom on each side. The old blue bench came from the Tawas Antique Show on the beach quite a few years ago.
This is our cozy little cacoon. Dick surprised me with this beautiful, vintage spread for Christmas one year. I love to curl up and watch a good movie up here. I feel like I'm in a little tree house.
This is the other upstairs bedroom. Grandson Gannon and Granddaughter Abbey both love this room. They have a little table and chairs in here to work on their art work.
I hope you enjoyed our Little House, we sure do. I can't think of many places I would rather go. Poor Dick had to work on the hot water lines, but now all is well. Can't wait for spring to get out and work in the yard, sit on the deck and have a campfire. It's always so hard to leave and get back to reality!
Have a great day and we'll talk again soon.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Dawn!
    Wonderful pics!
    Your home is so cozy:) That would be awesome to make that garden shed into a guest house! How FUN would that be to decorate it all up!!
    Love your Calumet collection too.

    Have a wonderful week.
    Hugs-Kath

    Oh, and I love your little carrots!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in love with your home!
    It is so cozy and inviting...I would feel comfortable right away!
    I bet you have a heck of a time getting visitors to leave! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cozy home! Makes you just want to snuggle in it after looking at your beautiful snow pictures. Your eggs & carrots turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Wow!! Look at all of these yummy Prim Pictures!! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and for your nice comments. I really need to find some time to get new pictures up. I enjoyed reading thru your blog and looking at all of you fabulous photos!! Tammy ~ A Primitive Place

    ReplyDelete
  5. I could live there! SO nice and so cozy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love those windows above the couch.....what a wonderful sweet place! Beth

    ReplyDelete